Our IB Programme
Accredited by the New Brunswick Department of Education in Canada, and the International Baccalaureate, the Canadian International School of Hefei offers its students an internationally recognized curriculum.
As an IB authorized school, CISH combines the New Brunswick and PYP, MYP curriculae.
Additonally we are a DP candidate school. Our graduates are eligible to receive a New Brunswick High School Diploma, and the IB Diploma.
Our graduates are prepared and accepted to top universities and colleges worldwide.
The IB's programmes are different from other curricula because they:
- encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students.
Students learn how to learn
Throughout all IB programmes, students develop approaches to learning skills and the attributes of the IB learner profile.
Students are able to take responsibility for their own learning and understand how knowledge itself is constructed; this is further to our unique theory of knowledge (TOK) course. They are encouraged to try different approaches to learning and to take responsibility for their own educational progress.
Our programmes help IB students:
- ask challenging questions
- think critically
- develop research skills proven to help them in higher education.
- IB programmes also encourage students to be active in their communities and to take their learning beyond academic study.