Our Continuum IB Programme
Accredited by the International Baccalaureate, and the New Brunswick Department of Education in Canada, the Canadian International School of Hefei offers its students an internationally recognized curriculum.
As an IB authorized school, CISH combines the IB Continuum framework with the New Brunswick curriculum.
Throughout all IB programmes, students develop approaches to learning skills and the attributes of the IB learner profile.
Students are able to take responsibility for their own learning and understand how knowledge itself is constructed. They are encouraged to try different approaches to learning and to take responsibility for their own educational progress through authentic experiences and service as action.
Our graduates are accepted to top universities like the University College of London, the University of Edinburgh, the Tsinghua University, Peking University, the University of Hong Kong, and the University of Toronto.
Why students benefit from an IB education:
- encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students.
- ask challenging questions
- think critically
- develop research skills proven to help them in higher education.
- IB programmes also encourage students to be active in their communities and to take their learning beyond academic study.